Saturday, May 04, 2013

Analysis

 I found this in one of my notebooks. I can't remember if this was copied or if I made it up. Could be quite useful.

Analysis

The process of analysis can be thought of as the process of identifying a rock type. Imagine the following:

You are looking at a rock face.

The landscape / features can indicate general rock type. There are three types of rock:-

Igneous
Sedimentary
Metamorphic

see this video for a general introduction.


Then step toward the rock face. What do you see?

Colour
Reflection
Variations in colour
Features – eg caves

Consider the environment:

Sounds
Feelings
What are you stepping on?

Move closer to the rock face:

What is the grain size / rock elements?
What can you tell that nobody else can tell?
What can you gain from it?
What are the dangers?
How can you find out more?
How can you verify what you have identified?

Question:

Can you explain to me in your own words why you think you are here.


No comments: