Saturday, June 09, 2012

Conversation pt 3

I have spent a frustrating day wading through a book trying to ignore science that is 40 or more years out of date. The problem with reading a book primarily on science and religion is that they are going to talk quite a bit about science (?) whilst I am trying to get to the little tentative bits where he explains about Whitehead and process philosophy.

On the plus side I do recognise now that some of the science I was taught 20 years ago was cutting edge science 40 years ago and in order to get in to a book it probably took the author another five years to study. I found that quite funny but completely irrelevant to what I was talking about yesterday. Hamilton is 'supposed' to be quite good on Whitehead' and I don't think that explanation will date itself quite the same as the science.

He has started to explain creativity and consciousness. I haven't quite managed to grasp everything yet so I'm probably not going to write about it. Sorry, the update really isn't that informative.

The idea of 'self-now' is quite liberating though and radical and I'm still thinking about it.

A big 'Hi' to all my readers, stick with me, this should be good.

No comments: