Friday, March 06, 2009

Three Tales from The Arabian Nights

I was amazed and entranced by the new translation by Malcolm and Ursula Lyons of the Arabian nights. They have just released a preview book with three stories - Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, Judar and his brothers, Ma'ruf the Cobbler. Honestly I could not put this book down. I was whisked into the exotic magical world of the Arabian Nights and believe me with my job - that is just what you need!

You would not believe the hassle I had in buying this book. If you want to buy it, write down this ISBN - 9781846141584. Something to do with the fact that about half a million 'fantasy' novels have 'arabian nights' in the title.

A complete translation of 'A thousand and one nights' in 3 volumes is about to be released from Penguin - first volume this august. With 800 pages, judging by the preview if I buy it I may never go out again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!