Sunday, October 26, 2003

The hermetic library



As you probably suspect libraries are quite important to me. I just want to say that the library in Castlereagh college is one of the most difficult and strange libraries I have ever been to. A library should encourage free information, but no, if you want to search for a book you have to ask the librarian, no cards, no computer index nothing. I am convinced that they hide the fact they are open on Saturday mornings. Perhaps hermetic isn't the right word but what sort of library hides information? It is bizarre.

I went in yesterday and although there were cars nobody was around, the place was absolutely deserted. The librarian was sitting doing nothing and when I asked him to get a library card he says 'Oh, I don't know if I'll get it done today' I'm like' what, are you busy, there is no one here! Bizarre

No comments: