Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I haven't really had much of a chance to read the last few days. Last week I read a fascinating article in Vanity Fair about the New York Times escapades and I registered for the electronic edition. It is a very interesting newspaper. Even just the book reviews are quite good. I would recommend registering and looking at it every so often.

I have just heard that Bill Keller has been appointed to be be Raines replacement. I don't think this is good news for the paper. Raines was an editorial writer too. They have an office 7 floors above the news room and I think this gives a rosey view of journalism that is shattered when they start leading the newsroom. I suspect he is not 'pragmatic' enough to become someone who is better than Lelyveld.

See this news story

No comments: